Working Groups are established on a permanent basis and have the role of assisting the Executive Committee in the preparation of the opinions and joint recommendations.
- WG 1: Reform of the Common Fisheries Policy (Regionalization, discards management plans, multiannial management plans)
- WG 2: Big Pelagic Fishes (BFT-E - SWO-MED and other species managed by ICCAT)
- WG 3: Green Deal
- WG 4: Recreational Fisheries
- WG 5: Small-Scale Fisheries and Socio-Economic Impact
Focus groups are set up for a specific purpose, their duration is limited.
- Focus Group on Adriatic Sea (IT, SI, HR)
- Focus Group on Western Mediterranean (IT, FR, ES)
- Focus Group on the Strait of Sicily (IT, MT)
- Focus Group on Equal Opportunities
- Focus Group Eastern Mediterranean (CY, GR)